6th edition of Quais du Polar’s professional section
Since 2014, Polar Connection, Quais du Polar’s professional section, is developing its 6th edition at the heart of the festival.
A dedicated time and space
Friday, March 29th the sixth edition of Polar Connection.
The first floor of Palais de la Bourse will be dedicated to professionals’ exchanges. These encounters are the opportunity to unite different actors of this cultural and creative industry of crime fiction. French and international professionals of the book, cinema, broadcasting, digital and transmedia sectors meet to celebrate the attractiveness and vitality of crime fiction literature and crime fiction genre.
- around a program of round-tables, focus, master classes,
- in the Polar Connection Café, an area dedicated to networking and appointments
- around its “Digital Innovation Corner”,
- during a lunch-buffet and during the Inauguration Ceremony of the Festival
- in the Grande Librairie-Big Crime Fiction Bookstore around our bookstores’ partners
Thanks to the professionals’ directory released upstream, professionals will extend their contacts during the Inauguration Ceremony of the Festival on Friday evening and in a dedicated area at the Professional Encounters on Saturday.
To subscribe to Polar Connection’s newsletter click here.
Polar Connection offers to professionals :
- Conferences and round-tables to question specificities of the crime fiction genre, to open on international experiences and to communicate on new projects, to explore current issues and to put in perspective its concerns relative to challenges facing the sector. The program, still under preparation, will be based on four topics:
- Cross-road of International editor
- Crime fiction and screen
- Lets talk about profession
- Crime fiction universe and digital
- Opportunities of encounters with authors, French and international publishers, particularly international rights and audiovisual rights experts, scriptwriters, interpreters, film, audiovisual and transmedia producers and broadcasters, venue managers or cultural event organizers, journalists.
- Opportunities to make their activities known, demonstrate their know-how, create connections, develop their network, and develop their cultural and creative projects.
The « POLAR EN SÉRIES » prize
The “Polar en Séries” prize is awarded in public during Polar Connection. It assures to the winning book and to all selected books a certain highlighting. They are presented in a booklet published specifically for Quais du Polar, distributed to all participants of Polar Connection, translated into English for foreigners and then distributed via the various networks partner (to foreign publishers via the Institut Français, to producers via Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes Cinéma, the SCELF and Initiative Film).
The authors exchange on specific issues regarding adaptation. The audiovisual rights managers of the publishing houses are invited to come and talk during these meetings with directors and programmers who will be present on site.
This “Polar en Séries” prize is initiated by Quais du Polar with SCELF’s support, the Institut français, Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes Cinéma and Initiative Film. In partnership with Ecran Total, the CEEA and the Association des Critiques de Séries.
Find the Polar en Séries booklet from 2018.
Program of Professional meetings
Opening – Welcome
9.30am to 6pm
Polar Connection Café
Digital Innovation Cornec
10am to 12am
Round-tables and focus
12am to 2pm
Chapelle de la Trinité (close to the Palais de la Bourse)
Award ceremony of “Polar en Séries”
Followed by the buffet-lunch
2pm to 6pm
Round-tables and focus
Opening to the Festival Quais du Polar
Palais de la Bourse first, then Chapelle de la Trinité
The extension to the card will be possible on Saturday March 30th (appointment space and special professional meetings)
The meetings and round tables are gathered in four themes :
Cross-road of International editors, Crime fiction and screen, Let’s talk about profession, Crime fiction universe and digital.
Polar Connection is more than ever an international platform for professional meetings.
Last year’s professional meetings were a resounding success. Polar Connection aims to raise the festival to an international platform for professional publishing and to become a place for exchange and promotion of French crime fiction. With the support of the Institut français, invitations are thus extended to foreign publishers with an affinity for detective fiction and also for French authors.
The day is held at the Palais de la Bourse (Lyon 2nd) in the heart of the festival.
Here you can download the complete program for the 2018 edition : Polar Connection Program
Accreditation fee: 55 € preferential rate until March 1st included (70 € HT from March 2nd).
Accreditation at Polar Connection includes:
- access to the round tables, focus and masterclass on Friday, March 29th,
- access to the Polar Connection Café professional area;
- the extension to the card of Saturday, April 7 (meeting space and special meetings pros);
- access to the Digital Innovation Corner;
- the directory of participants sent upstream of the event;
- the buffet lunch reserved for professionals;
- the invitation to the opening night of the festival;
- the booklet of the “Polar en Series” prize;
- Easy access to festival meetings throughout the weekend.
Submitting my POLAR CONNECTION accreditation means that I agree that my contact information (email and phone number) can be given to all POLAR CONNECTION participants.
Accreditation withdrawal will be possible at your arrival at the Palais du Commerce on Friday, March 29th.
Polar Connection is restricted to book industry and video media professionals. Quais du Polar Team reserves the right to refuse submissions that do not fulfil these criteria and will then proceed in the refund.
If you prefer to pay by check, you can download the registration form.
Please send us your picture at email@example.com