16th edition report
The Quais du Polar International Festival 16th edition (planned on the 3 to 5 April, 2020) will not be taking place this year.
We are profoundly sorry not to be able to welcome you this year, but we hope to see you again very soon, during a new edition.
Take care of you, your friends and family.
15th edition report
The Quais du Polar International Festival 15th edition finished off on Sunday 31rst of March, 2019 after 3 days of literary, cinematic, cultural and playful events in more than 50 places of the Lyon Métropole and the Auvergne Rhône-Alpes Region.
With the exceptional presence of 140 worldwide authors, the public was there, more numerous than ever and responding positively to the invitation of the organisers. The festival counted for the first time, more than 100 000 festival-goers, with 20 000 participants to the big city investigation in Lyon’s streets. The book sales by partner bookshops increased a lot with more than 40 000 copies sold during the week-end.
An historical achievement to which contributed the success of the thematic focus on Nordic noir genre, the presence of great celebrities of the international noir genre like many first novel authors, but also the confirmed reputation of the festival for it friendly and warm atmosphere, the generosity of its many volunteers, the loyalty to the values of its associative model, free and attentive to the most remoted book, reading and culture publics.
Quais du Polar in replay
Watch the online award ceremony (03/04) ➡️ 2020 PRIZEWINNERS
- Quais du Polar / 20 Minutes Readers Prize: Requiem pour une République, Thomas Cantaloube (Gallimard)
- Mention « Polar behind the walls » assigned to Les Mafieuses, Pascale Dietrich (Liana Lévi)
- Quais du Polar / Ville de Lyon Youth Prize: Les mamies attaquent, Claire Renaud (Sarbacane)
- Polar in Series Prize : Félines, Stéphane Servant (Rouergue)
- Quais du Polar / Expérience / France 3 Graphic Novel Prize :RIP T.2 , Gaët’s et Julien Monier (Petit à Petit)
- Quais du Polar / Expérience / France 3 honorific Graphic Novel Prize :Grass Kings, Matt Kindt and Tyler Jenkins (Futuropolis)
- Claude Mesplède / Quais du Polar Prize: Manchette – Lettres du mauvais temps – Correspondance 1977-1995 (La Table Ronde)
- Quais du Polar / Kobo by Fnac Short Story Writing Contest: La littérature est une data, Emma Rebatet
- Graphic Novel Youth Contest: Un mystère chez le photographe, Tilio Velut